Evening at Pops
1981 - Cleo Laine and John Dankworth
Program from 1981 with John Williams conducting and with Cleo Laine and John Dankworth Quintet.
Orchestra conductor: John Williams.
Guests: Cleo Laine and John Dankworth Quintet.
John Williams conducts the Boston Pops:
- Pops on the March "for Arthur Fiedler" (John Williams)
- Creatures of Prometheus Overture Op. 43 (Beethoven)
- Romanian Rhapsody No. 1 (Enesco)
Cleo Laine and the John Dankworth Quintet:
(Arrangements by John Dankworth)
- It Might as well be Spring (Rodgers & Hammerstein) / Come Back to Me (Lane)
- Skylark (Carmichael) with Paul Freed, solo flute
- Turkish Delight (Mozart & Dankworth)
- Born on a Friday (Feather)
- Sondheim Medley: (Stephen Sondheim)
The Miller's Son & Send in the Clowns from "A Little Night Music"
Broadway Baby from "Follies"
Being Alive from "Company"
- That's Entertainment (Schwartz / Arr. Hayman)
Cleo Laine, Boston Pops and John Williams