Information on Videos, TV Broadcasts
DVD - La Melodie d'Amour
This is another live performance of Paul Mauriat and his Orchestra
and it is one of those concerts that has been appearing in
different formats and from different sellers. There are
Japanese, American, Taiwanese and other releases. Also known as
1983 Val Productions
Produced by Valentin Coupeau for Val productions
Running Time: 58 minutes.
- Prelude 59 (Paul Mauriat / Gilles Gambus)
- Ai no Cafe Terrasse (Irene Mauriat)
- Toccata (G. Rolland)
- The Green Lake (Paul Mauriat / Gilles Gambus)
- Mozart Medley (Arranged by Paul Mauriat)
- Best of France Medley:
- Fascination (F.D. Marchetty / M. de Ferardy)
- La Vie en Rose (M. David / Louiguy / Edith Piaf)
- Les Feuilles Mortes (Joseph Kosma / Jacques Prevert)
- La Mer (Charles Trenet)
- C'est si Bon (J. Seelen / A. Hornez / Hornez / H. Betti)
- Around the world Medley:
- El Condor Pasa (Daniel Alomias Robles)
- La Peregrinacion (F. Luna / A. Ramirez)
- Lisbon Antigua (Galharde / Vale / Portela)
- Western (Gilles Gambus / Paul Mauriat)
- Sakura (Folk)
- Brazil (A. Barroso)
- Kalinka (Folk / Arranged by Paul Mauriat)
- Malaguena (E. Lecuona)
- Czardas (Monti / Arranged by Paul Mauriat)
- Love is Blue (Andre Popp / P. Cour)
- Penelope (Augusto Alguero)
- El Bimbo (C. Morgan)
Track 2 - Ai no Cafe, shows video takes of the scenery with Mauriat walking in the park, buying newspaper, drinking coffee with a lady (his wife?).
Track 4 - The Green Lake, starts with Mauriat writing the score of this song, scenery Mauriat with a group of friends in a a yacht sailing along the coast and many other takes ending with Mauriat writing the score in first plane.
Track 6 - Best of France, live with four dancers, then chorus of 3 women, scenery taken riding thru a river watching a bridge, a cathedral, then the yacht, Mauriat waving holding his son in his arms, his house, playing with his dog, his son swimming, walking in the vineyard, serving the wine to a group of friends, playing the piano in his studio, playing in the garden a ball-game.
Track 7 - Around the World Medley performed live with scenic footage shots.
Track 10 - Penelope performed live, start with solo trumpet, then four dancers, and then chorus of 3 women.
Track 11 - El Bimbo performed live, then four dancers.